Professional Resume / Work Experience
Senior Web Designer
11.2006 - Present
- Design custom websites to client specifications, working within the company's proprietary ASP-driven content management system, often balancing multiple projects at once.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (or clients directly), working through critical feedback, while remaining informative about options, limitations, and cost-effective solutions.
- Collaborate with lead programmers on multiple projects directly related to company growth, including:
- Creation of a dynamic template system (built with ASP and CSS manipulation), and UX/UI Development of an accessible gateway for client interaction.
- Redesign and refocus of company websites, highlighting different brands through unique presentation aesthetics and technical approaches.
- Possess an understanding of the tools used throughout the creative process (i.e. design work in Photoshop/Illustrator through final build using CSS3/jQuery, etc.), look for the most efficient means of cross-browser implementation within the company architecture, and keep an eye on evolving industry standards (i.e. responsive/mobile methods).
2006 - Present
- Manage a number of side projects on top of the regular work week, including smaller design concepts (i.e. a single business card order), and larger-scale brand identities (i.e. logo design, misc. print work, website development, etc.).
- Serve as creative and technical contact for clientele; professionally discussing pricing, abilities to meet deadlines, technological hurdles, etc. Personally research solutions and broaden skills to meet client specifications while working in a cross-browser, standards-driven environment.
10.2005 - 11.2006
The House of Portraits
- Created all advertising and marketing materials (phone book ads, flyers, customer envelopes, multi-page price guides, etc.) for photo studio specializing in sports, school, family and high school senior photography.
- Retouched, cropped, and color corrected photography (including detailed restoration projects), in an OSX Photoshop environment.
- Rebuilt company website and have retained professional relationship for regular maintenance.
09.2003 - 03.2005
UC Riverside Art Department
- Assisted professors in a Mac-based digital arts lab, helping students with Photoshop projects and basic web authorship (using Dreamweaver and Flash).
- Prepped artwork for digital archive by scanning prints and slides, then color correcting, spotting, and manipulating images in Photoshop for optimal web presentation.
University of California, Riverside
09.2000 - 03.2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art
- Graduated with 3.76 GPA; Cum Laude
Things I'm kind of excellent with:
(not trying to brag)
- Adobe Photoshop
- HTML5/CSS3 Authorship
- Responsive Design
- Adobe Dreamweaver
Things I'm pretty good with:
- PHP/ASP/.net Integration
- Custom WordPress Design
- Adobe Illustrator
Things I'm just okay with:
(just being honest)
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Flash/Actionscript Manipulation
Comfortable in Windows and OSX
Proficient in all of the basic computer skills necessary (Outlook, Word, etc.)
Extremely communicable, articulate, detail oriented, organized, and (possibly most importantly) eager to learn and grow with the trends of the industry